Motorcycle Insurance Information
Serving El Paso, Anthony, Socorro and San Antonio
Why do you need insurance for your motorcycle?
You'll enjoy being out on the open road even more when you're not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers, or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
Things to Consider and Questions to Ask Your El Paso or San Antonio Agent
- If you're in an accident or your motorcycle is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or a passenger is injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your motorcycle is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you can afford.
- Your motorcycle may be one of your most prized possessions. It deserves special protection.
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can I afford to pay if my motorcycle is in an accident, damaged, or stolen? (Ask your agent what your cost savings would be if you raised your deductible.)
- What discounts and programs are available? (Ask about discounts for taking safety classes or having multiple policies. You may also save money if you store your motorcycle in a garage or if you belong to a motorcycle association.)
- How much medical and liability coverage should I have?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is this company identified by their ability to pay claims in a fair prompt manner?
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim?
Tips for the Cost-Conscious Rider
Many factors can play a role in determining your insurance costs such as your age, your driving record, where you live, and the type of motorcycle you own, or being a graduate of a rider-training course.
Many companies offer discounts from 10 to 15 percent on motorcycle insurance for graduates of training courses, such as the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) rider course. Riders under the age of 25, usually considered a higher risk, may see some savings by taking this course. It's also a good idea for cyclists who have already had accidents.
Maintaining a good driving record with no violations will also help reduce your premiums.
In many northern states, riders may save money by buying a "lay-up" policy. With a lay-up policy, your insurance company will suspend all coverage except comprehensive during winter months.
Find Out What Discounts Your Insurance Representative Offers
Multibike discounts for those insuring more than one bike, organization discounts, membership in motorcycle associations, and mature rider discounts for experienced riders, are just a few possibilities. Discounts can range anywhere from 10 percent to 20 percent, depending on the company and your state. Availability and qualifications for discounts vary from company to company and state to state.
Keep in mind that the type, style (such as a sports bike vs. a cruiser), and age of the motorcycle, as well as the number of miles you drive a year and where you store your bike, may also affect how much you pay for your premium.
Contact Pan American Insurance in El Paso or San Antonio
The good news is, you don’t have to be afraid of motorcycle insurance. With one of our agents at Pan American Insurance in El Paso or San Antonio, you can get all the information you need. We will answer your questions and make sure you get all the help you need. Contact us today or visit one of our many locations.