Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Information
Let Us Quote Your RV Insurance Now!
RVs need insurance because of the significant value they represent. Your dedicated Pan American Insurance agent can help you get the right policy at the right price.
Get a Quote
What is RV Insurance?
RVs are many Texans’ preferred modes of vacation travel. Some people even live in theirs full-time.
These vehicles bridge a gap between being homes and automobiles. Your standard house and car need insurance, so therefore, an RV certainly needs coverage.
An RV insurance policy will address the residential and automobile risks presented by operating the vehicle. Coverage will apply to physical damage you cause to yourself, your RV and others. With your policy, you won’t have to worry if you can afford to pay for the losses. Instead, your coverage can pay.
Do I have to carry coverage?
All Texas RV drivers must carry auto liability coverage. The coverage pays for the harm you might cause other parties in driving accidents that are your fault. The state’s minimum-required limits are:
- $30,000 bodily injury liability (BIL) coverage per person
- $60,000 BIL coverage per accident (one or more people)
- $25,000 property damage liability (PDL) insurance
BIL coverage can help pay for a third party’s injury bills. The PDL coverage will cover damage to their property, like their vehicle damage. Coverage also helps cover your legal bills if lawsuits arises.
Additional Auto Insurance Protection
Consider buying additional protection to enhance your basic Texas auto coverage, such as:
- Increased liability limits that can cover more of your liability costs if a high claim arises.
- Collision insurance that pays for your RV’s damage from wrecks or other collisions.
- Comprehensive coverage that covers non-wreck vehicle damage, such as damage from fires, theft, vandalism, severe weather, falling objects and more.
- Uninsured/underinsured driver insurance which might help you pay for your own losses if an at-fault driver does not have appropriate liability insurance to cover them.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) can cover the injury costs that you or your passengers might sustain in wrecks. It can also help you cover costs like lost income and even death benefits.
Don’t forget to ask about specialty coverage options like roadside assistance, towing coverage, glass replacement insurance and more.
Coverage for RV Living Risks
Your residence in the RV will present its own risks, and thus need its own insurance.
- Contents insurance applies to your belongings that you carry in the RV.
- Campsite coverage is liability insurance that protects you when you use the RV at a camper. Your policy will usually apply to the property damage and injuries you cause to others while camping. So, if you damage the campsite, this coverage might pay.
- Emergency expenses protection can help you afford hotel bills or related costs if your RV becomes disabled or damaged and you cannot live in it for a time.
RV residents who use their vehicle as a full-time home will likely need to get full-timers insurance. The policy will adjust your personal coverage to apply to the permanent occupancy of the vehicle.
How Can I Get Covered?
Don’t worry about not getting the right RV insurance. Simply call your Pan American Insurance agent!
- We are an independent agency, and partner with numerous insurers that offer multiple policy choices. That can help you find both the most-appropriate policy and affordable premiums.
- Our agents will compare and adjust your coverage options to help you determine what policy structure is right for you and best for your financial benefits.
- Even as we build up your policy, we can still help you save money through discounts so that you never have to pay an unfair price for your coverage.
We’re here to help you sort out all your RV insurance options. Don’t hesitate to contact us at (833) 775-2355 or by using our online quote forms.