Renters Insurance Information
Let Us Quote Your Renters Insurance Now!
Renting your house, condo or apartment? You’ll need insurance as much as any homeowner. Let your dedicated Pan American Insurance agent help you get a quote on your perfect policy fit.
Get a Quote
Renters Insurance Protects Your Personal Risks in Rental Homes
Convenience, financial considerations and reduced upkeep responsibilities usually rank among the top factors that people think about when deciding to rent a home. Still, just because renting might take a few costs off your back, that doesn’t mean you don’t have other responsibilities. It is these personal cost risks that a renters insurance might cover if you experience problems in the home.
Is renters insurance different from homeowners coverage?
Renters insurance has one primary difference from a homeowners policy; it accounts for the fact that you don’t own the home you live in. Your renters policy will cover your personal risks and liabilities but will spare you the burden of carrying coverage that applies to homeowner-specific risks.
What does Texas renters insurance cover?
All renters insurance policies vary, but most can help you pay for:
- Damage to your personally-owned possessions in the property
- The injuries or property damage that you might cause to others
- Damage you cause to the property itself, such as damage you do to the house’s structure
- Costs that you might face if you have to move out of the property temporarily
What coverage will my policy include?
Usually, you’ll find your renters policy choices can offer at least the following coverage:
With a liability policy, you can afford to pay for injuries, property damage and other personal losses you might cause to other parties. Most landlords require tenants to carry this protection because it might help you pay to repair damage you cause to the home itself (which is someone else’s property). Landlords themselves usually have property insurance for structural damages that were not your fault.
You personally own the belongings you move into the rental. Contents coverage insures items like your clothes, furniture, electronics and more. Most policies pay the cash value of damaged possessions.
Living expense insurance
Accidents inside your home might mean you have to move out for a time. Therefore, you might amass hotel, dining or other bills. Living expenses coverage might pay the costs of some or all of these bills.
Do I need extra coverage?
You might need to add a few additional coverage elements to your policy. Consider extra options like:
- Umbrella insurance that can pay additional liability costs if a claim exceeds the limits of your standard policies.
- Pet liability insurance that could help you repay others in case your family pet bites them.
- Replacement cost insurance will pay you the like-new value of possessions, so you can replace items with similar ones. You might get more help than that offered by cash value payments.
- Scheduled items insurance will apply specific limits to personal belongings of high values such as jewelry, art or expensive electronics.
- Medical payments coverage can help those injured on your property cover their medical costs, even if the policyholder has no negligence in the accident.
Choosing the Right Coverage
Pan American Insurance’s agents can help you expertly tailor your coverage to your benefit.
- Your policy will always contain any liability protection that your landlord might require. However, we can also help you increase coverage to ensure you get more help if you need it.
- We can advise you on how to appraise your belongings and choose strong possessions limits.
- We’ll ensure you pay an affordable premium and can help you save more by applying discounts.
- Our agents know how to balance your deductibles. You don’t want one that is so high that you can’t afford your share.
For assistance choosing the best financial limits and most-affordable coverage for your residence, pick up the phone and call one of our agents at (833) 775-2355. You can also request a policy quote online right now! It’s free, simple and convenient.